SEN Blog Our SENCO Mrs Phoenix has started a blog from SEN parents/carers which is called ‘Inside with the kids’
Adult Education in Gloucestershire are running some family learning courses for Parents after Easter. All of these courses are currently being delivered via Zoom. They are open to all parents/ carers or grandparents in Gloucestershire, with the courses being free for many parents- see notes at the bottom of each flyer. The tutors all have a wide experience in their subject and bring great energy and enthusiasm to the course.
- Calming The Mind For Parents Summer 2021– a focussed mindfulness course for 6 weeks on Tuesday mornings from 10:30-11:30, or Wednesday evenings from 7:30-8:30
- Happier and Calmer April 21 this course looks at the science behind wellbeing
- Everything You Want To Know About Numbers– a 4 week course giving parents an understanding of the building blocks of numeracy, looking at decimals, fractions and percentages. This course will help anyone overcome their fear of numbers! Parents can use this course to progress towards a Functional Skills Maths Qualification if they choose.
- Improve Your English Summer 2021 delivers English lessons for ESOL parents and teaches them how their children learn in school
- Help Your Child With English April 21 is a course for ESOL parents with preschool children. They come together (virtually) to share a story and make some resources to go with it. This course focuses on teaching parents how they can support their child to develop their language skills.